
After spending an AWESOME Thanksgiving with the family I've discovered a few things:
1) Chislic is apparently the new black.
2) Randomness makes life worth living.
Here are my favorite parts of overheard conversation during 'pie time':
DG: Yup, I’m cold. And not comfortable because my sock has a hole in it. And it’s funny because the pajamas were my savior. Like Jesus. Those pajamas were my savior.
P: Hey, I wouldn’t go there.
DG: Forget Matt, those pajamas are the savior.
MG: Those are the cat’s pajamas.
DG: Lou? He can’t even fit in them!
DG: Michaela, why aren’t you writing any of this down?
KG: That’s quality dialogue.
MM: This is GOLD. Vocal gold.
DG: If you were to record this you would get a gold record album.
MG: Oh, she should have been out there with the moonshine talk as the jar went around.
KG: You know you can’t hear all that on your computer.
MM: When I said, ‘oh, this took care of my acid reflex’?
MG: Well…
MM: That is vocal gold.
MM: Your brother’s special.
KG: Are you just now noticing?
MM: Helmet special. Short bus special.
KG: You belong on the short bus with Passion.
DG: You’re a window-licker. So, you can sit right next to me. I get the aisle seat you can have the window.
KG: Do we get seatbelts?
DG: We can share one.
S: So my brief preface here would be that, uh, when I met Micki, my future sister in law-
MM: Wait, you know this is not a wedding toast.
B: He didn’t get to give one.
MM: Oh okay! So we’re making up! We’re making up!
S: SOME people didn’t GET to be best man. Separate issue! I’m moving on. We’re all moving on. It’s the future.
P: Trying, TRYING to move on.
MG: And you’re here and the best man is where?
KM: Yea, where’s he at?
MM: Better man.
S: When I met my future sister in law I immediately, or quickly, uh, fell in love with the family and felt a genuine connection. With everyone. But I have to say, there was an intangible chasm, and just really getting there-
MH: No this is his preface.
SM: Shush! We gotta listen.
MG: He said it was a haiku though.
S: -last night I had an epiphany.
DG: Wait, is this the speech before the speech?
S: The long lasting cultural differences between Iowa and South Dakota, which have been coming out for years and years, I couldn’t quantify what it was-that last little connection I was searching for-hadn’t realized-and again, last night I had an epiphany.
KM: Without further a due.
S: Last night I spent, I don’t know, MINUTES before I fell asleep thinking about how to commemorate what I felt is a general transformative emotion. And so when I woke up this morning I crafted a Haiku in honor of what I think is-anyway.
A haiku:
Chislic, oh Chislic
I have waited for too long
Deep fried flesh, Chisam!
Family is just awesome...
No comments:
Post a Comment