Apr 12, 2012

You can be my girl, I can be your... girl

So I'm back in the country, but I figured I'd write about the last part of our week in Mexico.

Kelly's mom surprised us by the pool Saturday morning. She actually decided to fly down and spend the last 5 days of our trip with us. It was pretty funny because she more scared Kelly than anything.

So Saturday night, after laying by the pool all day, we went into downtown Puerto Vallarta with Jeanne.

We ate at a restaurant called 'Pi Pi's' where I got the spiciest shrimp I've ever had. I think my dad would have loved it, but I could only eat two of these gigantic things. After dinner we walked around by the ocean, looked at sand sculptures, listened to the duo play great covers of popular songs on just a violin and keyboard and had a drink at Senior Frogs.

Kelly and I still had a lot of energy after dinner we got back to the hotel, so we went to the discotech at another one of the Riu hotels to go dancing. THAT was an experience. There was some creepy guy from Canada who kept taking his pants off, but there was this really friendly kid from the U.S. who kept finding one of us and asking where the other one was. I made the bad decision to wear heels that evening, so I walked back to our hotel barefoot. Unfortunately, the sidewalk wasn't even, and I thought I broke the bottom of my foot after tripping over one REALLY uneven slab.

When we got back to the hotel we had Easter baskets waiting for us from Jeanne. It was super cute! (So of course I spent the rest of the week munching on all that candy.)

Easter Sunday we laid by the pool, and watched the dumb games the hotel staff had to play dressed up like bunnies (which Kelly won at bocce ball), until we decided to walk into a fishing village called Bucerias. We had dinner and drinks at a Canadian bar that was playing the Masters (yuck), which was an experience in its own.

Whenever Jeanne or Kelly won a game/activity during the day they had to go up on stage that night during the show to get their certificates and dance. It was always so funny watching them have to strike a "sexy" pose and do the can-can.

The shows they put on at night were pretty great. I think the karaoke one was the greatest though, because the hotel event staff got to just joke around with everyone.

The only other big thing we did in Mexico was go to a club with the hotel event staff. It was TONS of fun. We got a VIP table and bottle service and got to hang out with some really interesting people. That will be something I'll for sure never forget.

I luckily left Mexico with a nice tan and only burnt the top of my head. But I can't wait until we can go again. Maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment