Jan 11, 2011

''I like you, but I think that would cross a line...''

DAY 2! So things went much better today. Katie and I actually didn't leave our hostel until like 1030 or 11, which was lovely.

We saw the Portuguese version of Rob Lowe at the post office. He was really fidgity and Katie and I concluded he must have been mailing something illegal.

We saw this special old elevator and Katie was kissed on the cheek MULTIPLE times by a guy who told me it was going to rain.

We took a walk for, like, an hour and ate lunch at an Italian restaurant by the ocean. I'm not sure why, but we were brought things we didn't order (bread, butter, etc.) and were charged for it. We didn't even EAT/USE some of the stuff we were charged for. So I made him take it off. Katie said he looked rather horrified that I was asking about what we were charged for. He took the 1.25 euros off though. Because I WILL NOT pay for things I didn't eat. Matt says that's not common in Europe as a whole, so I think we'll watch out for that more.

Today was actually nice weather-wise. It did NOT rain like the weird guy said, but it was actually rather sunny and warm. I hope it's like that tomorrow since it rained yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment