Today Katie and I went to Sintra. This is an older city with TONS of really old and fancy looking buildings. We actually walked around an old Moorish castle as well as a castle that used to be used by a royal family until the Republic started.
We took a little break from walking so much today because the last two days have been hard on us. I'm not as used to walking as I should be.
We've met a few people in our hostel as well. One guy I met during breakfast yesterday is from Australia but began talking to me about Joe Mauer when he found out I was from MN. I later discovered that there are a bunch of people here that know about the Vikings, so I went on my Bret Favre rant a few times. There is a guy from Brazil who actually likes American football better than soccer. I was shocked.
Things are just different here. All the sidewalks are mosaic, they use a trollie system and there is a whole lot of pigeons, graffiti and construction. At least there aren't stray dogs everywhere like in South America.
No comments:
Post a Comment