We are actually in England. I know we were just in Barcelona and I didn't tell you anything about it, but that's what I'm going to do NOW!!!
Throughout our time in Barcelona we DID get Katie a purse basically right away and she made great use of it. We saw 3 churches including the all amazing Sagrada Familia that I could look at all day. If my church looked amazing as that does (inside and out) I would go every week.
We spent TONS of time walking through the barrio gotica and down la Rambla. We felt rather... watched when we were looking in souvenier shops. They actually followed us around the store. CREEPY!!
Over the weekend we also saw buildings designed to be a Dragon as well as what served as inspiration for Darth Vadar's helmet. We spent tons of time sitting in front of the post office as well as a nice little park. We loved sitting in the sun for as long as we possibly could...
Our flight to Leeds was the most terrifying flight I've ever been on. Ryanair. They said "sit wherever you want", basically told us they found an extra plane and didn't have time to put food or drinks on it, and had the most terrifying landing I've ever experienced. Apparently this airline is trying to have "standing room only" flights.
Matt's family is super nice. I love listening to them talk. It's very charming. :-)
We spent last night just sitting around telling stories about different things until about 11:30. Today we left the house around 10:30 and went to see some of the smaller towns in the Yorkshire area. Wonderfully, it was a super stereotypical English day. It was grey and dismal and cold and windy and awesome. We also saw something called Cow and Calf rock. It was full of some lovely views of the English country side. We got back to Matt's house in the afternoon and even had afternoon tea and we're even going out tonight for true English pints.
I loved loved loved Barcelona. I'm jealous that you are in Europe. I haven't been since I studied there what? Like four years ago now. Wow! Now, that I found your blog I'm going to love vicariously through you ;)
ReplyDelete